Researchers at San Diego State University are conducting an important survey to understand soilless urban agriculture’s economic, environmental and social benefits, as well as the regional and local barriers and opportunities influencing the industry’s development.
The goal is to understand the factors influencing the industry and the support it needs to be more successful and impactful. The survey is funded by the USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture program. Researchers need to hear from ALL participants in soilless food production businesses and organizations including farmers, CEOs, owners, directors, managers, scientists, volunteers, etc.
The success of this project depends on this survey reaching as many people who work in soilless urban agriculture as possible! If you grow in soilless urban systems please take 10 minutes to complete the survey!
Do you want to support Aquaponics?
The Aquaponics Association is a nonprofit that expands the practice of aquaponics through education, advocacy, and connection. Please consider a General Membership to support this cause.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Regular newsletters
- Access to Aquaponics Association Members Forum with chat groups and direct messages
- Ability to participate in working groups to move aquaponics forward: 1) Commercial Aquaponics; 2) Community Aquaponics; 3) Aquaponics in STEM Education; and 4) Aquaponics Research
- Exclusive web content like checklists, best practices, conference presentations and full conference videos from top experts
- Legislative & Regulatory Updates
- Special Member Discounts
Membership fees also support:
- Development and promotion of materials to educate the public about the benefits and opportunities of aquaponics!
- Development of industry standards and best practices
- Infrastructure to connect aquaponic growers from around the world
- Strategic partnerships to expand aquaponics into new fields
- Ability to speak with one voice to policy-makers and regulators on issues like Organic certification, food safety certification, and agriculture policy
- Resources to improve aquaponic growers’ skills, growing capacity, and business opportunities
- Resources to cultivate and develop aquaponics as an emerging green industry
Learn more: General Membership