Photo: East Fork Creek Gardens, a Member of the Aquaponics Association
At the Aquaculture America Conference this month, Aquaponics Association Members Charlie Shultz and Dr. Nick Savidov delivered a presentation on aquaponics food safety: Good Agricultural Practice for Aquaponic Produce and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Certification, 2020 Update.
The presentation reviews the current state of Good Agriculture Practices (G.A.P.) for aquaponics and also discusses recent developments in aquaponics food safety.
For more information on aquaponics food safety, read the 2019 Aquaponics Food Safety Statement, signed by over 130 farms and organizations.
The Aquaculture America conference was held in Honolulu, HI, and featured a day of aquaponics workshops and presentations.
Will you help us grow Aquaponics!
Are you interested in supporting the Aquaponics Association so we can speak with one voice on food safety issues?
Please consider an Association Membership!
Your $60 Membership Fee helps to grow Aquaponics!
- Development and promotion of materials to educate the public and policy-makers about the benefits and opportunities of aquaponics
- Development of industry standards and best practices
- Online learning opportunities like webinars and conference videos to improve growers’ skills and reach new growers
- Infrastructure to connect growers, suppliers, advocates, educators, and funders from around the world
- Annual conference for growers to connect face-to-face and build community
- Ability to speak with one voice to policy-makers and regulators on issues like Organic certification, food safety, and agriculture policy
- Resources and strategic partnerships to cultivate and develop aquaponics as an emerging green industry
Learn more: Aquaponics Association Membership