The Aquaponics Association has published a Revised Statement on the White House’s Aquaculture Executive Order 13921, Promoting American Seafood Competitiveness and Economic Growth. This revision reflects the importance of marine aquaculture. This Statement is another step in an ongoing conversation to create a more effective, long-term national system of aquaculture.
Click here to read the full statement: Revised Statement on the White House’s Aquaculture Executive Order 13921, Promoting American Seafood Competitiveness and Economic Growth
On May 7th, the current Administration issued an Executive Order on Aquaculture. While the Aquaponics Association appreciates and supports recognition of domestic seafood production, the EO stopped short of embracing the diversity of seafood production systems and would like to see expansion of the Order.
Do you want to join the community and help expand the practice of Aquaponics?
The Aquaponics Association is a nonprofit Member-based organization that expands the practice of aquaponics through education, advocacy, and connection. Please consider a General Membership to support this cause. Your $60 Membership fee will help us grow aquaponics!
Benefits of Membership include:
- Regular newsletters
- Access to Aquaponics Association Members Forum with chat groups and direct messages
- Ability to participate in working groups to move aquaponics forward: 1) Commercial Aquaponics; 2) Community Aquaponics; 3) Aquaponics in STEM Education; and 4) Aquaponics Research
- Exclusive web content like checklists, best practices, conference presentations and full conference videos from top experts
- Legislative & Regulatory Updates
- Special Member Discounts
Membership fees also support:
- Development and promotion of materials to educate the public about the benefits and opportunities of aquaponics!
- Development of industry standards and best practices
- Infrastructure to connect aquaponic growers from around the world
- Strategic partnerships to expand aquaponics into new industries
- Ability to speak with one voice to policy-makers and regulators on issues like Organic certification, food safety certification, and agriculture policy
- Resources to improve aquaponic growers’ skills, growing capacity, and business opportunities
- Resources to cultivate and develop aquaponics as an emerging green industry
Please consider a General Membership to support aquaponics!