In 2019, the Aquaponics Association Board of Governors created the framework for four “Working Groups” to focus on advancing distinct fields of aquaponics:
Community Aquaponics – To advance aquaponics in the home, neighborhood, and non-profit sector
STEM Aquaponics – To advance aquaponics in the classroom, in STEM curriculum, and in all forms of education
Commercial Aquaponics – To increase the commercial success of aquaponic farms and overcome roadblocks facing commercial growers
Aquaponics Research – To advance aquaponics research and connect researchers at colleges and research institutions
WORKING GROUP FUNCTIONS & ACTIVITIES
Working Group functions are to:
- represent the applicable field of aquaponics to the Aquaponics Association Board of Directors and the Public;
- provide input to the annual conference program on this field of aquaponics;
- moderate relevant Member chatrooms and conference breakout discussions;
- maintain current information about this field of aquaponics; and
- identify activities the Aquaponics Association can take to advance the relevant field of aquaponics.
WORKING GROUP PARTICIPATION
To join a Working Group, you must:
- be a Member of the Aquaponics Association;
- have at least one-year of experience in the applicable field of aquaponics;
- commit to approximately 3 hours per month toward Working Group Activities, including Group phone / video meetings; and
- commit to participating in at least 50% of Group phone / video meetings.
WORKING GROUP ADMINISTRATION
Each Working Group:
- will have a Director, appointed by the Board, that reports to the Board and sets the Working Group Agenda;
- will aim to have at least one Group phone or video call every 2 months to advance the Working Group Agenda;
- may use the Aquaponics Association Member’s Area Discussion Rooms for day-to-day discussions and notices; and
- will immediately begin planning for applicable program track for the Aquaponics Association’s Fall 2020 Virtual Conference.
Join a Working Group!